Wednesday, June 11, 2008

She knows her name!

For a couple of weeks now, maybe even a month or two, I have noticed Ally responding to her name. Last night, Dave and I were watching the girls splash around in their bath and I told Dave I was sure she knows her name. We decided to put it to the test. We started calling her potato, water, book, and other names but the only time she stopped splashing and looked at us is when we said Ally. She didn't even respond to Allison, Emily, or Allowishish (a fun nickname we sometimes call her and even Emily has joined in on calling her). Every time we would say Ally, she would look up at us with a big smile and then continue splashing. I have also noticed Ally responds to "come here", especially if I have a bottle or she wants to be held, and "No". Although her response to "No" is usually to continue at full speed doing the thing I am trying to tell her not to do.

No comments: