
Right now I feel like I did when Allison was first born and we brought her home. I did not sleep well at all last night, or any other night this week. Allison is still sleeping in Dave's and my room and she is such a noisy baby. She has slept on her stomach since we brought her home from the hospital because she would not stay asleep any other way. Allison has learned to roll over both ways and she keeps rolling over in the middle of the night and waking herself up. She fusses until I go and turn her back onto her stomach and as soon as I lay her down, she rolls onto her back and starts to fuss again. I have tried letting her just cry until she falls back asleep but that usually takes about 5 minutes, and in the middle of the night, that is a long time. I desperately want to move her into her crib in Emily's room, but I don't want Emily to have to deal with Allison's noises. I am just not sure what I am going to do.
My mom and sister came up from San Antonio yesterday and Dave and I got to go out for the evening. We had a nice dinner at P.F. Chang's and then we went to Target to do some Christmas shopping. We finally found Emily a couple of things that won't drive us too crazy. This morning we all went out to breakfast and then we came home and watched Emily run around for a while. After my mom and Jennifer left, Emily and I went to the grocery store. I thought Emily was going to be cranky because she usually is after my mom leaves, but she did great. The store was pretty crowded, but we got everything we needed. I was super excited because I had a bunch of coupons and I saved almost $30 with them. Dave and I have been taking out grocery money in cash and we have a weekly budget with that. Any leftover money we get to use to eat out during the week, but with formula and diaper purchases, we have not been having any extra money to eat out (that hasn't really stopped us from eating out though, thus affecting the rest of our budget negatively). It is a really good feeling to be able to save that much money and still get everything we needed.
We don't really have any other big plans for the weekend. It is really nice to have Dave home today since he has been working every Saturday since we moved back to Texas.
I cannot believe that Christmas is next week! This time next week, we will be in Dallas with Dave's family. We are really looking forward to getting a way and seeing loved ones (we will miss you terrible Kevin, Katherine, and Lyla!).
No comments:
Post a Comment