I cannot believe how quickly the time has gone and now Christmas is here. It looks like we are not going to have a white Christmas but at least it will be cold. Christmas time is always a good time to reflect back at all of the things that have happened over the past year. Last year, the Weir family Christmas was in Atlanta. I had a really good time hosting because I was able to throw a few of my families traditions into the mix. Dave and I had just found out I was pregnant and I was struggling greatly with morning sickness and trying to be a good hostess. We took everyone to the aquarium the day after Christmas and that was a lot of fun. The aquarium was very crowded, but I think everyone still enjoyed it. After the aquarium we all went out to dinner and I remember a conversation about everyone moving so that we could be together. No one was talking about anything specific, but we enjoyed talking about how fun it would be to someday live in the same city or even state (and we all liked Texas). Looking at the conversation, we are amazed at how God works. Dave and I are here in Texas and Katherine and Kevin are in Michigan working their way to Texas, hopefully in the next year or so. All we need now is Stephen! ;) So after the Weir's and Rings left, I was put on bed-rest because I had a tear in my uterus. There was only a 50% chance of Ally living. That was an extremely hard time for Dave and I but it brought us much closer than we have ever been. We had to learn to put our complete trust in Christ and to rely on each other for support and strength. I was really depressed during that time as well. In May or June, Dave and I found out we were being transfered to Texas for his job. We were both so excited and so were our families. Ally was born in August and now we are about to approach another Christmas. I cannot wait to see what will happen between now and next Christmas.When Dave and I first got to Texas and Ally was born, we promised each other that nothing major would happen for a year. It doesn't look like that is going to happen...
1 comment:
What does that mean? What's going to happen this year??? Don't leave us out of any big announcements just because we're in Michigan for Christmas!
Post a Comment