
Allison is growing everyday. We are finally able to put her in her bumbo seat which she actually really enjoys. She has good neck control and her head rarely bobs back and forth. I can't figure out if Allison is doing things sooner than Emily or if time is just passing more quickly because I have 2 kids. I think that Allison is just trying to catch up with Emily. She loves to watch Emily and she even giggled at her for the first time yesterday. I am not sure what Allison thought was so funny, but she was laughing a lot. Emily usually ignores Allison unless she is in a really good mood. Lately though, Emily has been sick so a good mood has been hard to come by. Dave has also been really sick. I thought we were both getting better and Dave even went back to work yesterday, but I think he overdid it too fast. He had to stay at home again today because he felt so bad. I am still hoping Allison will not catch what we have. It would probably be really hard on her poor little body.
Tonight I let Emily bring her stool into the kitchen so that she could "help" me cook dinner. She did a good job of pouring ingredients but I warned her not to touch anything on the stove because it was hot. I turned around to wash a few dishes and of course Emily touches the lid to the pot full of boiling food. I was actually really surprised that she touched it because I have always been able to explain to her why she shouldn't do something and she usually obeys. I think that the older she gets, the more independent she is becoming and she has to try it out for herself. She can't just take my word for it anymore. Well, a couple of minutes later, I let her sprinkle some ingredients into the pot and a few landed on the counter. She was trying to pick them up and accidentally touched the edge of the pot. I think I should stick to letting her help with cold dishes for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment