Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Talking Babies
Ally May has started talking! I know that probably sounds impossible considering she is only 3 months old, but she is talking baby talk. Over the last week or two she has started cooing for long periods of time. Sometimes she will be sitting in her swing by herself talking to the mobile above her head, other times I will be sitting beside her and she will babble to me for a long time. Ally really perks up when Emily walks by and Ally always has a smile for her. It is fun to see them interact at this age because it rarely happens. Emily will occasionally talk to Allison or try and "dance" with her. She has even fallen on top of Ally a couple of times. But usually Emily will play as if she is the only kid in the house. As for Emily and talking, we cannot get her to stop! I remember wanting Emily to learn to talk for so long. We thought it would never come. Two nights ago, we were driving home after it had become dark outside. We have been teaching Emily the difference between the sun and the moon. Well, she spotted the moon and it kept going behind the trees as we were driving. Emily must have asked a hundred times where the moon was, what it was doing, why it was hiding, where the sun was, and so on. It was about a ten minute car ride and she asked those questions the whole way home! Dave and I were going crazy! Everyday when Emily wakes up, she ask where daddy is. I tell her the same thing everyday, that he is at work, and she still asks. Whenever I let Emily talk on the phone with my mom or my sisters, they ask her what everyone is doing. She tells them exactly what we are doing. She says Ally is sleeping or playing on the floor, mommy is sitting or talking on the phone, and daddy is at work. It amazes me how much she really understands what is going on around her. Some embarrassing things Emily says include calling every child a "boy". You might not think that sounds embarrassing but when the mother of a little girl looks at you like you can't teach you kid anything right, it makes you feel a little small. Also, if I am out with Dave or my mom or sisters and I say I am going to the restroom, Emily automatically says poopy. She will yell across the store at me that I am going poopy. Thanks Emily! But it is fun to see Emily learning and to hear the results of everything we have taught her. I love it when I have been running around not really paying attention to Emily I find her sitting by herself reading a book. She is looking at the pictures and remembering what we say when we read to her. I can sit and watch her do that forever. Emily loves to do whatever I am doing. She is such a big helper, she will even throw away dirty diapers for me. If I am feeding Ally, she will go get her blanket for her. If I need wipes or diapers, she knows were they are and will get them for me. She loves to put clothes into the washer and dryer. I sometimes try and sneak away to do laundry because it goes much faster, but she usually finds me and insists on helping. I cannot wait to see what kind of relationship her and Ally have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YEA!!! Oh man I can't wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment