Sunday, November 18, 2007

Nap Time


Well it is becoming a familiar scene in the Weir house, everyone sleeping but mom. I have to stay awake in case any of the babies wake up. Allison has been on the verge of waking up for the last hour. Every time I think it is safe to start dozing off, she starts fussing. I go and turn on the sounds on her swing and she falls back to sleep. So once again I am unable to get any rest in. It is probably for the best because whenever I do take a nap, I have trouble going to sleep at night.
Dave and I went out for his birthday last night. We went to the Cheesecake Factory were we waited about half an hour to be seated only to realize why we don't like the food there. They have amazing cheesecake, but not so great food. We enjoyed our alcoholic beverages, but that was about it. After that we went and walked around Barns and Nobles for a while. We had been looking for a nice map of the world to hang on our wall, but we have had a hard time finding laminated ones that don't cost a ton of money. We found a great set that included a US map and then a map of the rest of the world. My parents always had a world map up and they would put pictures of people we new in different countries and states, including the missionaries from our church. I am glad to be able to share that tradition with Dave. We also got Emily a Dora book. You have to search for different things in each page. It is perfect for the age she is at right now. We also got my mom a gift for coming to watch the girls for us. We gave her the Paula Deen Christmas cookbook. She seemed to really enjoy it. It is always so much fun to go to a bookstore and get books and such for everyone.
Today we were supposed to try a new church but since my mom was still here and we didn't get to go out to breakfast for Dave's b-day, we decided to just make it a lazy day and go to breakfast with my mom. My mom, Emily and I also braved the grocery store this morning. I try not to ever go on Saturday or Sunday during the day. It is just way too busy. We went around 11 so I thought it might not be too bad since churches still hadn't let out, but it was crazy. I guess everyone is trying to get ready for Thanksgiving. I hope I don't have to go back before Thursday. Emily always has fun at HEB because it is very kid oriented. They hand out balloons and lollipops at the front. She definitely looks forward to that and has come to expect it.
Well, hopefully someone will get up from their nap soon to keep me company.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Who is that giant baby in the picture? She is so cute, and she's growing so fast!! Okay, she's not really a giant, but she's definitely bigger than the last time I saw her.

PS. I love this blog!