Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Another milestone


Last night, Allison passed yet another milestone. So far she has rolled over from her stomach to her back, started cooing and awing, graduated to size 2 diapers and size 3-6 months in clothes. Last night, she did not need the net in her baby bathtub. Her tub converts into 3 different stages. Stage 1 is a net-like sling that barely sits in the water. Stage 2 is a seat that is skid-proof and is close to the wall of the tub so that babies can lounge in the water while moms and dads wash them. Stage 3 is for babies who are good at sitting up by themselves but are not yet ready for the regular tub. Each milestone has been very emotional for me. I am not quiet sure why. Dave and I have discussed having more kids, and we are both in agreement that we want more, just not for a while. I think it is because with Emily, I was so anxious for her to move on to the next stage that I did not take the time to enjoy each stage she was in. I told myself that with Allison, I was going to enjoy each stage as much as I could. I guess I have been enjoying them more than I thought. Getting the stage 2 diapers was the hardest. It meant that Allison was no longer a newborn :(
Emily has been passing a couple of milestones as well. She has completed her first puzzle all by herself. She is learning colors really well. She completed her first coloring book. We made a special trip to Wallmart yesterday to buy her a new coloring book. It was very exciting. Emily is also getting about 4 new teeth right now. It is a Guelich trait to get teeth very slowly, but all of a sudden she is getting the rest in at the same time. We figured it out because last night when Dave was tucking Emily into bed, she said she had a boo boo in her mouth. Dave and I thought she might have been saying that because I have been having problems with my mouth. For some reason at night I have been clenching my jaw shut. When I wake up in the morning, my mouth hurts really bad and I feel really tense. We thought maybe Emily was pretending to have a boo boo like me. But this morning I checked her mouth to make sure and she had about 4 teeth popping up. Poor kid! That has got to hurt.

No comments: