Saturday, February 14, 2009

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

It has been such a crazy week around here! I had finally called and scheduled Ally's 15 month check-up even though she is now 17 months old. I have been trying to switch locations for the girls doctor and it is such a hassle to try and get medical records transferred! Well, Emily has been coughing up a storm since last week, so I thought I would go ahead and schedule her in at the same time as Ally. Also, I have had a bump on my back that has been growing and making me nervous, so I decided I wanted to get that checked out as well. So all three appointments ended up being on Wednesday because we have school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The first appointment was mine. I went to the dermatologist to get checked out and the doctor took one look at my back and told me I had a cyst that needed to come out. He asked if I was prepared to have surgery right then and I didn't want to have to come back so I went ahead with it. Fortunately I was able to have my friend watch Emily that morning, but Ally got to watch the surgery. The doctor cut out the cyst and stitched me up in under a half hour. Ally did awesome the whole time! She just stood and watched me. They said they would know in two weeks what the cyst was but I asked the doctor if he thought it was cancer and he said he was 90% sure it wasn't. I have only had a little pain with the stitches, but nothing Tylenol doesn't cure. Wednesday afternoon I took Emily and Ally to their doctor. The nurse took Emily's temperature and she had a fever. Then she took Ally's and told me Ally had a fever too. I couldn't believe it! Ally was supposed to be there for her well check-up. The doctor came in and looked at Emily and we found out she had an ear infection. She looked at Ally's ears and found the beginnings of an ear infection in her too. The doctor also said Ally's weight was just under the 25% and that we needed to come back in a month to have it checked again. So now Emily and Ally are on antibiotics again. The doctor told me not to take Emily to school on Thursday, so we didn't get to participate in the Valentine's party. I did have to drop some stuff off at school and I picked up all of the candy my students had brought me. I was totally surprised by the kids gifts. It was really touching that they thought of me. My friend Karla picked up the girls gifts at the end of the day and so now we have way too much candy and chocolates.
Dave has never been the type to do what everyone else is doing. I have never gotten a traditional type gift on a holiday from him. Dave's Valentines day gifts to me today were a gallon of ice tea from Chik-fil-a and a pair of pajama pants. His reasoning was that he knows how much I love tea and he also knows that I love to wear pajama pants around the house and I only have 2 pairs. Very thoughtful! He also got Emily and Ally matching nighgowns which they look so cute in. We didn't really have anything planned today except trying to get the house packed up a bit. We went to dinner along with everyone else in Houston, but it was nice to be with the people I love the most.

No comments: