Saturday, January 31, 2009

Update

I can't believe it is the last day in January! I think it is time for a family update!

Dave- Still working hard and putting in around 60 hours a week. He will be moving into the warehouse on Monday to learn how to put together doors. This is part of the manager training program he is on, so it is exciting to see the company moving him forward. After about 2-4 months he will hopefully move into an outside sales position. He is really looking forward to doing outside sales.
Emily- is growing up so fast! Dave and I are amazed at how much she picks up on things. She loves to sing songs and read. Starting this summer, I am going to be homeschooling her for preschool. It is going to be a test run for the both of us and I am really looking forward to it (more on homeschooling in my section). Emily loves dragging Ally around house and making her play her games. Ally seems to enjoy Emily paying attention to her and allows Em to pull her around the house. One of their favorite games is running up and down the hallway in the house. Ally has learned a short-cut to beat Emily, but they don't really pay attention to who runs faster. I have somehow convinced Emily to eat peas. I am not quiet sure how it happened but when Dave was asking Emily what her favorite foods were, peas made the list as #4.
Ally- is 17 months old. Last week she woke up 3 mornings in a row with a fever and finally on the third day I knew it had to be more than teething. I took her to the doctor and she had 2 ear infections and puss pockets in her throat. She has been on an antibiotic since and has been doing well. She is still getting in two back teeth, so she was miserable for the first part of this week. Ally loves to imitate what we are saying. Her favorite word right now is HOT! She likes to come up to you and pretend to give you a kiss but run away. Ally eats just about anything you put in front of her, except when she is teething. I gave her a bowl of cereal yesterday to try to eat by herself and she ate it all! Ally has done her first somersault and we even caught it on video! I think she is trying to keep up with Emily.
Faith- I am still teaching at WEE twice a week. I am trying to prepare our house for yet another move. Our lease is up at the end of Febuary and we are going to be moving into an apartment much closer to Dave's work. We are not excited about living in an apartment again but after a couple of weeks of looking at houses for rent in the area we want to move, it is way cheaper to rent an apartment. We found one we like and put a hold on it incase we can't find anything better. When school ends in May, I am going to begin to homeschool Emily. I have been doing some research on homeschooling and reading up on the different approaches you can take. I have become a major fan of homeschooling and its benefits and I am really looking forward to teaching Emily. The name of the book that changed my view is The Homeschooling Option: How to Decide When It's Right for Your Family by Lisa Rivero as well as books on the Charlotte Mason method by Catherine Levison.
So that is what we are up to these days. I will try to get some more pictures uploaded this weekend as well.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

the girls are getting so big! Great to catch up on how you are doing and excited to hear that you are looking into home schooling. There are so many untangible blessings, too! Praying for your upcoming move. ;)