Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sick Day #1

I am supposed to be at school right now, but unfortunately I have already had to take my first sick day. Last night Ally was burning up and I took her temperature. It was over 103. I called my director and the other teacher in my room and told them I was most likely not going to be at school today. I am supper bummed that I have to miss the second day of school but I know that this is just part of life with kids. I am praying that Emily, Dave and I don't get sick and that Ally will get better soon.
My first day at school went well. The first part of the day was spent trying to get the kids adjusted to being away from their parents. I think that might be a struggle for the next week or so. Most of the kids adjusted quickly but at nap time, when we pulled out their blankets and stuffed animals from home, some of them started crying again. I was exhausted at the end of the day and Emily and Ally seemed tired as well. Ally went down for a long nap when we got home and Emily went to hide from Dave about half an hour before he came home and fell asleep on our bed. I was looking forward to going back today but I guess I will have to wait until next Tuesday. Hopefully Emily and Ally will build up some immunities and not get sick so often.
Dave and I finally broke down and bought a subscription to Netflix. At least we didn't get cable! I have been wanting to watch Alias for a while now and so that was my first choice to have sent. I was watching the first episode and Dave was on the computer and I noticed he was watching Alias and not the computer. He finally gave in a came and watched the first video with me and now we are hooked. We couldn't wait for the second video (because it was Saturday night and Monday was a holiday so no mail) so we went and rented the next one. The bad part is that there are only 4 episodes per video, and the end of each episode is a cliff hanger, so we are always left in suspense. We have been waiting for the third video to come in the mail and it should come today. It is fun to look forward to the mail coming and hopefully we don't have to go rent the fourth video this weekend.
Here are a couple of pictures of my class at lunch. A couple of the kids kept dissapearing out of the pictures so these are the best ones. We are supposed to have 16 kids in our class but only 13 showed up. I am thinking that is how it is going to be throughout the year.

The 3 kids on the right are triplets. They are super cute!

Some of the kids bring yummy looking food and it takes alot not to try and steel a bite from them! ;)

No comments: