Sunday, May 18, 2008

Where to begin?

This week has been a very busy week. It started out with my mom and sister Jennifer visiting Monday-Wednesday. They flew into Hobby airport which is near downtown Houston, not really close to our house. I was really nervous about driving to the airport without Dave to pick them up, but it wasn't too bad. The highway does all sort of crazy things in the downtown area, and the traffic is kind of messy, but I was able to pick them up successfully. I made Dave go with me to drop them back off. Their visit was a lot of fun and it was cool to see my oldest sister Jennifer pregnant. I was sad to see them go.

Ally has started to pull herself up onto furniture and people. I am amazed at how quickly she is growing and how fast she is zipping through milestones. Here is Emily encouraging her to stand up.

Emily is picking up potty training very well. She still has accidents when I don't remind her to go on her potty, but she is peeing and pooping on the potty! We are flying through our jar of M&Ms and I feel like I should be giving her grapes or something more healthy than chocolate, but she loves picking out what color M&M she is going to get when she goes on her potty. Here she is being crazy.
Ally is advancing in her eating. She can suck on graham crackers and bread now, and I have started leaving her food more chunky. She is not a picky eater at all. Thank goodness at least one of my girls likes the food I give her!
Dave went to Georgetown, Tx on Friday to observe their inventory. He stayed the night so Emily, Ally and I had a girls night. We didn't really do anything spectacular and I ended up trying to get the girls in bed early before they drove my crazy.

For the last year, I have been trying to read the Harry Potter series and last night I finally finished! I have spent the last 2 weeks staying up way too late reading the last 2 books. I really enjoyed the series and I am sad that I am finished. At least I have the movies to look forward to!
(By the way, if anyone has read all of the books, I would love to ask a couple of questions I had at the end. Thanks!)

Today we decided to visit the Houston Zoo. It was a beautiful day, not too hot. We had a really great time being outdoors and seeing all of the animals. Emily couldn't really decide what her favorites were but Ally couldn't get enough of the pigeons running around.


And last but not least, Ally is crawling the normal way now! She has learned that the normal crawl is a lot less exhausting than the army crawl.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yeah big girl! The crawling is so adorable.

Yeah for Emily about the potty training too.

We miss you!

Amy

Katherine said...

What a great post! The girls are so cute! Kevin and I have both read all of the HP books, and would love to talk about them. We miss you (too)!!